Here are some answers to frequently asked questions:
Q: What if I forget my password?
If you forget your password, please use the "Forgot Password?" link on the Login page.
Q: How do I change my password?
Login and proceed to "Change Account Info". You will be prompted for your current and your desired new password.
Q: Whom do I contact and what information do you need me to send when I discover that there is a problem with your Web site?
If you experience a problem navigating our sites, please email us at The Buffalo News and describe in as much detail as possible, including the steps you take leading up to it, how often it occurs, and the exact text of any error message that you receive. The information you provide will help us to find a solution more quickly.
Q: What customer services are available?
You can perform the following actions online:
- Review activity on your account
- Review your subscription invoices
- Report a service issue (You must contact Subscriber Services directly for a redelivery of a missing newspaper. Credit only will be issued on this web site.)
- Suspend and restart delivery of your newspaper. A delivery suspension without a specific restart date or longer than 28 days is not currently available online
- Make payments via one-time credit card or bank draft OR sign up for automatic credit card payments. This would include offering your delivery person a tip
- Start a new subscription or restart an old stopped subscription
Q: How can I obtain a copy of previous issues?
You may contact our Subscriber Service department @ 716-842-1111, M-F between 8am and 3:00pm. Back Issues are available for purchase while supplies last and major credit cards are accepted. You can also email them at email@example.com. PLEASE, do not include credit card information in your email. Someone will respond to you to complete your order.
Q: How can I reach the Subscriber Services department?
Our Subscriber Services staff is available between 6:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday – Friday, 6:00 am and 9:00 am Saturday, and 8:00 am and 11:00 am on Sunday. They can be reached at 716-842-1111 or, toll free at 1-800-777-8640.
Q: If I go on vacation what are my options?
Be sure to contact us in advance for all stop requests. We require at least three (3) days advance notice to stop your delivery.
We have several options listed below.
- Digital Vac Pack – Suspend your paper delivery but continue access on one of our many digital platforms. Access BuffaloNews.com on your pc or laptop, through a Google or Apple app, on your mobile browser and even “flip” the pages through our electronic edition, all available to you has an active paid subscriber. You even have access to our Bills Blitz and Sabres Edge apps on your smart phone and tablet
- Vac Pack – Have your papers held and redelivered upon your return so you can catch up with your local news and events that occurred while you were away. Your account must be current and normal subscription rates will apply throughout the period. To choose this option you must contact our Subscriber Services department directly @ 716-842-1111
- Stop and Credit – If you notify us in advance, we will suspend delivery, and credit your billing period for the time you are away. Proceed to "Temp Stops and Restarts" to notify us of your vacation dates and to stop and restart home delivery. The lead-time to suspend an order varies by area. In most areas, suspensions can take effect in two days or less from the date of the request
Should you not know your return date, prefer not to indicate that to us, or plan on suspending your subscription for longer than 28 days, please contact our Subscriber Services department by calling 716-842-1111 or 1-800-777-8640.
Q: Will I receive the paper on holidays?
The Buffalo News publishes and delivers ten (10) Holiday Editions to ALL of its subscribers. The Holiday Editions relate to: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day (observed), Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. All subscriptions, with the exception of 7-Day delivery, will include these holiday editions at an additional cost of that’s days single copy newsstand rate each if the Holiday Edition occurs on a day not normally scheduled for delivery. These charges will be applies to your account after the holiday delivery occurs. ***Please note the Holiday Edition may not be scheduled for the actual date of the holiday. In some cases it is scheduled for the preceding or following weekday.
<!--Q: I’m a digital only subscriber but I really want the Thanksgiving Day edition and all of its inserts.
As a digital only subscriber, you too are eligible for the Thanksgiving Day issue delivered to your door (metro Buffalo area only) at an additional cost of that days single copy newsstand rate. Go online or contact Subscriber Services to opt in.-->
Q: I want to stop my paper.
The Buffalo News requires at least three (3) days advance notice to stop your print subscription. Additionally, we cannot stop your print delivery on one of the celebrated publishing holidays mentioned above. Instead, we would need to process that either before or after the celebrated publishing holiday.
It’s important to note that your subscription will continue unless you contact Subscriber Services directly. As your renewal stub is mailed to and processed directly at a bank, written notes on these stubs rarely are seen by The Buffalo News. Charges against your account will continue to accumulate unless you contact us directly.
Q: What should I do if my newspaper does not arrive or if sections are missing?
Log in and proceed to "How Are We Doing?" if you did not receive your newspaper by the guaranteed delivery time and you wish to receive a credit. On this page you may also let us know of any missing or damaged sections.
Our delivery deadlines are 6AM Monday – Saturday and 8AM on Sunday
Redelivery Option – To have a missing newspaper or section redelivered you must contact Subscriber Services directly @ 716-842-1111, in most areas of Erie and Niagara Counties. All redelivery requests must be made before 9AM Monday – Saturday and before 11AM Sunday. We’ll do everything we can to get a copy redelivered to you on that day.
Request for Credit – Any missing newspaper reported on this site will receive credit only for that day’s newspaper. We can apply credit for up to 5-days after the service issue occurred by calling Subscriber Services @ 716-842-1111
Although you are missing a part or the whole paper and have requested redelivery or credit, remember that as a current paid subscriber you still have digital access to our complete line of products. Go ahead and access them while waiting for or instead of the redelivery.
Q: Is it necessary to call to restart my subscription after it has been temporarily suspended?
If you provide a restart date when you suspend delivery you do not need to call again to restart your delivery. However, if the restart date was not provided when the account was suspended, you will need to speak to a Subscriber Service Representative by calling 1-716-842-1111 or 1-800-777-8640. Additionally, you may change your previously submitted restart delivery date by logging in to your account, going to the "Temp Stops and Restarts" section and editing your transaction.
Q: Where can I purchase another subscription?
To add additional copies to your current subscription, please contact our Subscriber Services department by calling 1-716-842-1111 or 1-800-777-8640.
Q: How do I change the number of days I get The Buffalo News delivered?
Currently we do not offer that service online. In order to honor your request, please contact our Subscriber Services department by calling 1-716-842-1111 or 1-800-777-8640.
Q: What about digital access?
As an active paid subscriber to any Buffalo News subscription type you have FULL 24/7 access to our digital lineup. This includes your pc or laptop, mobile browsers, Apple and Google apps on your tablet and smartphone, our e-edition which lets you turn the digital pages, the [BN] Blitz and [BN} Hockey apps, and any other new platforms that we launch. As long as you’ve registered your subscription with an email and password our products are at your fingertips. Our paid digital content contains exclusives that you won’t find from any other WNY news source and sometimes not even in the printed product